- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- For patients diagnosed with cancer
- Personalised medical & emotional support
- Second Opinion consultation
- Support and advice
The Cancer Assist service, as part of the MyHealthPortal benefit, is designed to provide comprehensive support for patients diagnosed with cancer.
Cancer is the name for various different malignant diseases in which the body's cells become abnormal and divide without control.
Cancer cells may invade nearby tissues, and they may spread through the bloodstream and lymphatic system to other parts of the body.
When first diagnosed with cancer the initial reaction will almost always be strongly emotional.
Most people are understandably shocked and devastated and need more time to fully comprehend the meaning of cancer.
Then confusion sets in, what to do, how to proceed?
Instinct is to go to ones local health care provider and to do exactly what the assigned doctor says. No questions asked.
The Cancer Assist Service is a comprehensive solution that gives support to each and every subscriber, whatever type of cancer he or she has.
In the case of cancer, accurate diagnosis and appropriate choice of therapy are vital.
The MyHealthPortal Cancer Assist service gives you the opportunity to apply to the dedicated MyHealthPortal team and receive medical support and advice regarding your diagnosis or treatment.
People who have been diagnosed with cancer sometimes complain that their friends suddenly distance themselves from them and they have nobody to talk to. With MyHealthPortal you are not alone;
You can always contact us for any of the following:
- Further general information on the diagnosis;
- The ultimate way of empowering a patient to make informed decisions;
- The option to apply for an additional medical consultation including a multidisciplinary review of the case;
- Helps you establish the relevant facts regarding the treatment or surgery;
- A link to world class specialists to help reassure you that the proposed medical procedure or surgery is the best option for you;
- The unique option of helping ease the recovery period at home and your return to work;
- Receive online and video support during the home recovery period, so that you can take better care of yourself;
- Provides support to your family during this difficult period;
- Recovery support are available via any method of communication, phone, text message, email, mobile and more;
- The service is available wherever you are, in the world;
- Secure system guarantees patient confidentiality and privacy;
- There is no limitation on the number of times that you can use the service.
Applications can be submitted by
- Using the designated form
- On line applications can be submitted only after registration to MyHealthPortal
- The nursing team is available 24/7. If you contact us by phone you will receive an immediate reply, if you do so by email you will receive a reply within a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Upon receiving your application the MyHealthPortal team will open a medical record in the electronic system enabling our medical team to provide you with personal support 24/7 regarding your query.
- If a chat with a doctor is required, you can request it via all of the above mentioned communication channels (click for information on the MyHealthPortal GP Talk service).
- You can also ask for a second opinion on your pathology report - learn more about the Second Opinion service;
- MyHealthPortal is committed to protecting your data. Your medical information will be shared only with those who are involved in providing you with the service.
- Remember, there is no limitation on the number of times that you can use the service.
If you are facing a serious or life-threatening diagnosis and want more information on how to deal with your new situation or if you want support or advice regarding the best way forward, you may call us at any time to consult the MyHealthPortal medical team. The Second-Opinion Service.
We will require the following:
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Policy number
- Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Health Question with appropriate information about type and duration of illness (if appropriate).
- Your name (or the name of the patient if it is not you)