- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Before or after surgery
- Professional support & information
- Personal advice on anaesthetics
- Second Opinion consultation
Many of us have to undergo surgery at some stage in our lives and the experience is usually stressful and sometimes even a little intimidating.
The Surgery Consultation service, as part of the MyHealthPortal benefit, is designed to provide comprehensive support for patients about to undergo surgery or who are recovering from surgery and includes the provision of medical consultations and personal support before surgery and during the rehabilitation period.
NHS hospitals are often understaffed and the surgeons and consultants are very busy and may not have the time to listen to the patient and answer all questions to his or her satisfaction.
You may have questions about coping with the pain, recovery and rehabilitation.
Now with the Surgery Consultation service you can be sure that you will be empowered with fresh and professional support and advice about your medical condition.
The MyHealthPortal medical team are trained to support each and every subscriber with the following:
• Provision of general information on the surgery;
• Tips and information about preparing your body for the procedure;
• Review of the medical file;
• Additional medical consultations from top leading hospitals around the globe in order to avoid an unnecessary procedure (Click to see Second Opinion service)
• Review the possibility of alternative treatments;
• Medical support during the recovery at home;
• Application can be submitted in respect of any kind of surgery, and in the case of a rare medical condition, a multidisciplinary consultation is available;
The service is designed to empower each and every MyHealthPortal subscriber with fresh, professional and personal information to enable him or her to make an informed decision.
If you are undergoing surgery, the Surgery Consultation service gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you are not alone.
MyHealthPortal's medical team is always there for you to answer your questions and to help you with tips and advice.
The advantages are:
• MyHealthPortal's Surgery Consultation gives you the option of receiving facts and information on your planned surgery and the reassurance of being fully informed on what your surgery entails.
• The ultimate method of empowering a patient to make his/her own informed decisions.
• Help and advice from our professional medical team at any time prior to surgery and following your discharge from hospital.
• Help and support during your home recovery period and in preparation for your return to work;
• The unique option of easing the recovery period at home and the return to work time-frame.
• A professional medical team is available at any time to help you, prior to surgery and following your discharge from hospital.
• Vital information, support and recovery management strategies are available via any method of communication.
• Enables you to make an informed decision prior to an operation;
• A way of finding out the relevant facts about the operation.
• Receive online and video support during the home recovery period, so that you can take better care of yourself.
• Your family are also entitled to receive support during this sensitive period.
• Option to obtain further information on the medical diagnosis.
• Reassurance that the surgery recommended is the best option.
• A bridge to world class specialists to obtain reassurance that the medical procedure or surgery is the correct option.
• During home recovery time - personalised medical support.
• Service can be provided with no distance limitation.
• Information related to medication, its possible side-effects and any alternative options.
• Any method of communication can be used.
• Secured system guarantees patient confidentiality and privacy.
• The service is free of charge.
Applications can be submitted by
- Using the designated form
- Online applications can be submitted only after registration to MyHealthPortal
- The nursing team is available 24/7. If you contact us by phone you will receive an immediate reply, if you do so by email you will receive a reply within a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Upon receiving your application the MyHealthPortal team will open a medical record in the electronic system enabling our medical team to provide you with personal support 24/7 regarding your query.
- You can also ask for a second opinion on your pathology report - learn more about the Second Opinion service;
- MyHealthPortal is committed to protecting your data. Your medical information will be shared only with those who are involved in providing you with the service.
- Remember, there is no limitation on the number of times that you can use the service.
The service is available twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you have a health concern and you are worried or unsure about how to proceed, you may call us at any time to consult a registered nurse.
We will require the following:
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Policy number
- Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Health Question with appropriate information about type and duration of illness (if appropriate).
- Your name (or the name of the patient if it is not you)