- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Before or during travel
- Submit a query online
- UK registered nurses
- Vaccinations, medications, health risks
Are you a frequent traveller?
Are you going on a business trip to a developing country? Do you want the security of having an English speaking medical team available 24/7?
If the answer to any of these questions is positive, the Travel Support service, part of the MyHealthPortal range of medical services is just what you need.
Contact the MyHealthPortal medical team to find out whether your symptoms can be alleviated by medication that can be obtained over the counter or whether you need to be examined by a doctor.
If your symptoms can be alleviated with medication that can be obtained over the counter, the MyHealthPortal medical team will give you the generic name of the medication you need.
If you require a doctor they will empower you with a list of reliable clinics in your area.
In addition the Travel Support service includes the following features:
• Personalised support by the MyHealthPortal medical team.
• Possibility of benefiting from the GP talk service while you are abroad
• Information about local health care options where a medical examination is necessary or a face to face consultation is vital including the address details of local clinics and hospitals.
The MyHealthPortal medical team is there to advise you:
• Advice on travel vaccines.
• Information on health risks in your travel destination.
• Nursing support.
• Possibility of asking for appointment with a GP via phone or internet.
• Information about clinics and hospitals in your travel destination .
• Information on packing your own first aid kit.
• Advice on over the counter medication for the relief of symptoms.
• Advice on obtaining medical help abroad.
The Travel Support service is available at any time or place, day or night, from home, or from abroad, with high-quality up-to-date information, practical health advice and medical support.
MyHealthPortal is all about giving patients complete control over their healthcare without time, place or location being an impediment.
Whether you contact us from abroad asking for the generic name of an over the counter medication or of a reliable doctor or clinic, you need information on travel vaccines, or you just want advice on preparing a first aid kit, a simple phone call or email to the MyHealthPortal team can make a big difference.
The advantages are:
• A confidential service providing access to a professional MyHealthPortal medical team that includes a UK nursing team 24/7.
• Possibility of asking for appointment with a GP – to be facilitated via phone or internet.
• Any query is welcome even on minor routine health concerns.
• Professional medical support during business travel when time is of the essence.
• For family holidays –peace of mind that you have a professional medical team available at the other end of a phone line.
• Personalised information on essential first aid skills, at home and away from home.
• Advice as to what to include in your first aid kit at home and when travelling.
• The ultimate way of empowering patients who need medical advice and are not in the UK.
• You can turn to the MyHealthPortal medical team with any medical query, on any subject whatsoever.
• Applications for the service are not limited to insurance claims.
• Services can be provided with no distance limitation.
• Any method of communication can be used, including mobile (a useful method of communication when you are abroad), and video chat enabling an interactive virtual meeting between nurse and patient.
• The service is free of charge.
Applications can be submitted by
- Using the designated form
- Online applications can be submitted only after registration to MyHealthPortal
- The nursing team is available 24/7. If you contact us by phone you will receive an immediate reply, if you do so by email you will receive a reply within a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Upon receiving your application the MyHealthPortal team will open a medical record in the electronic system enabling our medical team to provide you with personal support 24/7 regarding your query.
- If a chat with a doctor is required, you can request it via all of the above mentioned communication channels (click for information on the MyHealthPortal GP Talk service).
- You can also ask for a second opinion on your pathology report - learn more about the Second Opinion service;
- MyHealthPortal is committed to protecting your data. Your medical information will be shared only with those who are involved in providing you with the service.
- Remember, there is no limitation on the number of times that you can use the service.
The service is available twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you have a health concern and are worried about how to deal with it or are unsure about your next course of action, you may call us at any time and consult the MyHealthPortal medical team.
Your symptoms may be travel related or they may be due to a medical condition and you do not know any local clinics.
While not life threatening they prevent you from operating at your optimum . Our medical team will tell you whether you need to see a local doctor, thus helping you make the most of your time abroad.
To ensure maximum efficiency, before making your call, make sure you have all the necessary information at hand.
We will require the following:
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Policy number
- Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Health Question with appropriate information about type and duration of illness (if appropriate).
- Your name (or the name of the patient if it is not you)